Monday, November 21, 2011

Take Two (updated! the real Tuesday)

We had such a good time (am I'm such a slow blogger) that I got my days mixed up and this is the REAL Tuesday, the other post was actually Thursday. We first went Parsailing. It was really fun but super mild to parasailing in very windy Aruba, where our legs were flipping up over our heads! We also have a video of us parasailing, but it's too large to upload for vimeo and probably for blogger, anyone know what to do?
Chris and I drove up to Waimanalo Beach to spend a couple of hours relaxing at a gorgeous beach and trying to catch a few waves (on a boogie board that is...:) We drove into a neighborhood that had beach access walkways every block or two and we pretty much had the whole beach to ourselves! It was awesome!
(yes we were stylin' in a mini van!)
(I'm being lazy and not editing some of these...) Going down the path to the beach!
I was super excited to finally do some boogie boarding! The waves looked great, nice and big, but we quickly found that it got deep really quickly, meaning not much distance for good boogie boarding. The waves also stirred up the sand quite a bit and I was completely coated head to toe in sand and I'm pretty sure my swim suit still has sand in it. Chris had to come my hair for a really long time but all the sand STILL wouldn't come out!
We went searching for sand crabs! They were quick and hard to catch!
We stopped for lunch and of course some more Hawaiian Ice! Then we drove back to Waikiki stopping at scenic points along the way to take pictures. The Lighthouse...I can't remember it's name.
After gazing at breath taking views, we rushed back to the hotel to spend some time with our baby and his grandparents and to get ready for a dinner cruise. The cruise was...interesting. It was definitely entertaining as far as people watching goes! We couldn't figure out the couple next to us. It seemed like a guy and girl who was half his age and very young on a date. Very awkward. Pretty sure she was underage and shouldn't have had alcohol (and we actually ran into them later in the week!). Most of the cruisers were Japanese tourists, who liked to video tape everything. Do they seriously go back and watch all of that? How do they have time? We still had fun!
(We also had some shell shaped butter) There were several Polynesian dance performances.
I believe that's Diamond Head in the background.
Looking back at Honolulu!
A fun night! Although the last part was more for us to just laugh. The band had been playing some nice music but the last 10 minutes or so they were playing songs such as "If You're Happy And You Know It" and there were many a passenger who enjoyed it, but it was a bit too corny for me.
Thanks Ann Marie and Michael for making all this possible!!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

The water colors at the beach are unreal - great pictures! And I'm glad you had fun parasailing - we went on our honeymoon there in Waikiki and it was so calm and peaceful (once we got up high!).