Life has been crazy for us since school got out. A couple hours after school ended, Chris and I boarded a plane to California for a wedding. Less than 48 hours later, we headed back to Utah. 3 days later we headed to Boston to find housing for us! 5 days after that we went back to Utah and about 36 hours after that we drove to California, where we have been for about 14 hours!
There isn't a problem in all of that, except for exhaustion, but we had a little wake up call when we were leaving Massachusetts. We flew out of Providence, since that is easier to get to from my parents house. We boarded the plane and left the gate, heading for the runway. After a couple of minutes the pilot announced on the loud speaker that we would be returning to our gate because smoke was coming from our plane. Oh goodie! We got to the gate and they tried to keep everyone calm, but told us we would deplane row by row and that we had to leave our belongings on the plane. Forget that, I at least was going to take my purse.
We got off and looked out the windows and saw 2 firetrucks with hoses pointed right at the tail end of the plane. Apparently, the back engine "flared up". After awhile when the problem was contained, they let 10 people on at a time to retrieve their things. Luckily they boarded us on another plane, but we were leaving an hour and half late and we only had a 30 min. connection in Chicago. It was also the last flight to Utah and since we were in Utah for only 30ish hours, I needed every minute I could possibly get there! We were blessed though! They held that poor flight until we got there, when many others missed there connection and had to spend the night in Chicago.
Lesson: Count your blessings--We didn't blow up in the air! Also, we are grateful for friends who would pick us up at midnight at the airport.
2 comments:
wow, that's terribly unnerving! Glad you're safe!
Did you realized you've mentioned all the places I've live/will live in this post? Chicago, Utah, and Houston! I can tell I'm important to you.
I'm so glad that you didn't blow up!!!! A true blessing indeed! I hope things calm down for you soon.
Post a Comment