We are back! We actually got back to California at midnight on Sunday, well midnight Pacific time. We are still suffering from jet lag and I feel to lazy to do about everything. We had a wonderful trip in France and England, but it was definitely NOT as expected. Poor Ann Marie (Chris's mom) spent several months planning and preparing, just for it all to fall apart.
I'll blog lots on the details of the trip-I'm sure you're so excited-later, but now I have to tell you why the post is named "The Trip of Plan B". Joseph was actually the one to come up with that name, although is should include C and D as well. Who said "Even the best laid plans oft go awry"? Well that applies here. Since I'm about to head out, here are a few brief details to explain what I mean:
- Pickpocketers are not cool, especially when they take the wallet of the person paying for the trip.
-Being quarantined in a foreign country for suspicion of swine flu is not the most fun I've had.
-Car rentals should really follow through with their promises and then when they make you lose lots of money, they shouldn't charge you lots of money for it.
-It doesn't make people feel good when they walk into your hotel with a printed confirmation and you say "Too bad, we gave your room away. We don't have space, nothing I can do about it."
-Walking into the place your staying and finding it very dirty, especially when the pictures online look nothing like the place your staying.
-Getting ripped off by the man on the corner selling "1/2" price tickets at quardruple the retail value of the tickets.
-Being sick the entire trip. Really not cool.
But guess what? We still had a good time and did all the big things that we wanted to do. Despite it all, we made the most of it and enjoyed the time. I'll blog about all the details and post some of the bajillion photos we took later. Off to Sunsplash with Chris and Joseph! Hope I can stay awake.
3 comments:
Wow, everything that went wrong did go wrong. At least you don't have swine flu! And I suppose all these bad things are a little bit less bad because you're somewhere new and fun.
When are you guys permanently moving?
Ha. Doesn't it make you want to go back to Europe right away? Luckily we didn't have any of those issues... but maybe that's the difference between going in May and July. Sorry it wasn't as great as you were hoping.
ummm ... am i suppose to feel bad? well ... i hope your trip was fun and it didn't loose t0o much of it's luster! (i'm putting on my pity face for you.) hope the highlights were as numerous as the low times. i remember my first trip to europe - and am still grateful for the adventure. mullen's are certainly generous. i don't know a kinder more tender hearted person than ann marie. how lucky i am that she's my sister!
sounds like you need to rest up from your vacation - france, england and then sunsplash. get home and rest up before your move! hope you love boston as much as i did. and we hope to see you before you head out. get some rest.
Post a Comment