The enormity of moving is really starting to hit now. I thought I was doing a good job of organizing and packing methodically, but I swear that I've hardly made a dent in our stuff. Last week I had a dream, or nightmare, that I kept packing and packing and that I would never finish. I would pack up a cupboard and then open it again, just to find more things. Obviously I'm stressed about it, if I dream about it. At least Chris can start doing some of the packing since he took the CPA exam last week.
We have a very long bucket list of all things we wished we had done/wanted to do before we left. Now we're down to necessities only, well almost. We are going to do a session at the SLC temple tomorrow, but that's about it. I cannot believe we pack the truck Thursday and roll out on Saturday morning. Of course now I realize all the things that I really DO like about Utah and think about all the things I wished I had done. Amazingly I am going to miss Utah. Never thought I'd say that one...I think I will really miss the mountains and the outdoorsyness of the state. I've been telling Chris for awhile that I want to be more active and do more things, such as hiking, camping, canoing, etc. Hopefully we can figure out our new place fairly quickly and find all the exciting things to do there.
Sorry I haven't posted anymore on the Europe trip, that's gone by the wayside for now. I'm sure no one is disappointed that it's not done, but I don't like leaving a project unfinished, so even though it will be long and probably boring, I plan to finish!
P.S. I seriously wish our apartment had AC! It is too dang hot to be working hard with no AC.
1 comment:
Hi! My name is Allison and I am friends with Lindsey and Brandon Bullock. She told me you are moving out to Boston soon and we just moved to Boston! So I wanted to introduce myself and if you have any questions or anything I'd be happy to try and help. My email is allison.vandusen@gmail.com
Good luck with your moving!!
Allison
Post a Comment