Saturday, August 8, 2009

Boston Finally

Well this will be short and picture-less for now. We finally made it through our ridiculously long move to Newton, MA, a town close to Boston. We spent many, many hours packing and organizing all our crazy amounts of stuff. Last Thursday we had twelve angels show up to help us load our gigantic Penske truck. We could have never done it without them!

Chris and I moved with my sister and brother-in-law because they were moving to NYC and Boston and NYC are pretty close to each other when you're coming from Provo. Both them and us added more things to our collection after we reserved our 22 foot truck and it was amazing that we were able to eventually fit in!

We spent 5 days driving across the country in a very slow moving truck, thanks goodness I didn't have to drive it! That was for the boys! My sister and I drove our 4Runner. It was so fun to see my old roomie Mindy in Iowa City and get to catch up. It was nuts to drive through NYC to my sister's studio apartment that is 2 blocks from Times Square. We let Spencer my brother-in-law do the truck driving down 5th Avenue and Times Square!

We now have our stuff in our Newton apartment, our landlords seem great, Verizon comes Tuesday to give us internet, and we're working to set up house! We would love to have visitors, of course after we're all set up. For all our friends in Utah, we definitely miss you!

3 comments:

Katie B said...

Welcome home! You guys are going to have such adventures!

I sure hope you don't have any more car trips planned- five days of moving... that's brutal.

JoEllen said...

I know it was hard and crazy, but what a fun story. You really should write it down (not in short form) for your posterity. I think it is great that you shared with Erica and Spencer for the drive! What memories you will have from that!

Congratulations on your post-school apartment and getting it all set up.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you made it! Sounds like an adventure!

-Lindsey