Monday, November 2, 2009

I've lost it

Have you ever had times where you think you misplaced your brain? Or that everything is a little off? You can't do or find things that you normally can? Well that's been my last few days and it's driving me bonkers. Here's what I mean:

I am painting our 2nd room and thought I did a pretty good job with the first coat. Then I did the 2nd coat...yea. I ended up with paint all over the wrong places! I ran into the wall and had paint all over me, hit myself with roller, got paint on other things, and did a much worse job overall. Thankfully I bought a very forgiving paint.

I have a very kind friend who has agreed to teach me to sew. I had a bag with beginner sewing essentials and notions, couldn't find it anywhere! I found everything but that!!! I searched everywhere and no such luck.

I couldn't cut fabric straight to save my life, even with a straight edge.

My phone died and my computer died.

I forgot my book and other things that I take with me when I work because I had an hour and a half of down time.

I got to the cash register at the grocery store and realized I didn't have my wallet. Thought it was stolen or in the car...well finally found it hidden at home, even though I was only at home for just a few minutes.

I was trying to collapse boxes and realized I had a cut a finger when I had blood on my shirt. But I cut myself, not once, but twice. Yes, twice. I decided to bandage my finger and keep going and lo and behold, I cut another finger. Geez.

That's just a sampling. I don't know if it's the time change or the full moon, but I have LOST my bearings. Big time. Hopefully my head gets put on straight soon.

4 comments:

The Scott Family said...

so funny! you are great and make me laugh... I have a proposition for you... maybe your pregnant? Haha! Anything is possible?! love you tons. it is great to hear from you on the blog. mindy

Jenna said...

Haha my dad would like to blame it on pregnancy, but no I can promise you I'm not. I love you Mindy!

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

hahaha! That was my first thought too! I kept thinking that your post was going to end with you saying you finally realized why you were having so many funny moments and it was because you were pregnant! :-) Good stories though!

jordan and maci said...

so funny! we all have those days unfortunately! seriously though, it gets worse when you become pregnant, and even worse when you actually have kids:) miss you guys!