About 6 months ago I decided I really wanted to learn to sew. I never took a home ec. class (or whatever they're called) and had NO experience whatsoever. A few other people at church were either interested in learning how or willing to teach me how to sew. I bought a machine off of craigslist, watched for sales at Joanns (MA is lacking in fabric stores), and joined a new sewing club at church. Here are 2 and 3rd projects! My mom wanted an apron for Christmas, so I got the chance to sew one! It's modeled after the Williams-Sonoma aprons, but a cuter fabric and with a ruffle. Thanks to my friends who helped me! They spent a lot of time working with me, showing me what to do, and one even used her embroidery machine to put my mom's name on it!

I made new PJ pants for Chris, his brother Joseph, and me. Chris's turned out interesting because they were the first pair and they were an experiment. I had to teach myself how to read a pattern and it took me forever, but I did it! The pattern made the rise in the pants WAY to high, so I need to fix that still. Thanks to everyone who helped me on these or let me borrow a machine!

My first project were some really cute pillow cases. I'll take a picture of them and post them too. I really like them, but don't know what to do with them, as they don't match out bedding. Hmmm......
P.S. If you know any cute sewing/crafting website, please share! I've found quite a few, but would love to know more!
P.P.S Joseph is taller than Chris, and Chris is much taller than me. They're slouching to make me not look tooo short. They're so nice!
P.P.P.S. I got a WAY better machine for Christmas! Yay!
4 comments:
Everything looks wonderful. I LOVE the apron, I'm so impressed!
You are off and running...great job Jenna...we are so happy for you. Have a blast with your sister this weekend.
So Cute! You will have to sew Halloween costumes later this year (I always start in September! Of course, I usually sew 4 costumes, 1 for me, Dom and the 2 dogs). I have the same problems with reading patterns. It's like they write them in another language! Fortunately, my mom helps me figure them out. Good job on the PJs and the apron.
Nicky
great job on all the sewing! you are awesome! quite a pro... well, i loved your card i got in the mail. the picture of paris made me totally jealous and i told jon that he better figure out a way to take me before the end of the world when the Eiffel Tower falls down. anyway, it was great to hear from you! mindy
Post a Comment