Monday, April 12, 2010

Trip to the Garden


Not just any garden though, this is the TD Garden. Home of the Boston Celtics (NBA) and Bruins (NHL) teams. My dad had 2 tickets to a Bruins game that he wasn't able to use, so he graciously passed them on to Chris and me. He's so nice, all he asked for in exchange is that we make him dinner. Neither of us had ever been to the Garden or to a NHL game, but it was a lot of fun! We had great seats! We were 16 rows up from the ice.

The best part of the game was the beginning of period 2 (the game is made up of 3 periods) when the Bruins scored 3 goals in the first minute and 36 seconds!!! The score was then 3-0. Yay! I don't understand the different rules and calls that the refs made, but I did understand the anger of the crowd when the refs called one of the later goals "no good". Many of the fans started chanting, "bull s***" over and over. Kinda funny, but there were quite a few kids there! I also understood when the guy 2 rows up from us gave the ref the "finger" for quite awhile until the usher came and had a chat with him. Int he end we won, 4-2, and landed a spot in the playoffs.

Go Bruins!
Hey Dad, got any more tickets?

3 comments:

Sioux said...

Now that sounds like a fun evening. I'm not a real hockey fan since I got hit in the forehead with a hockey puck, but if I had the chance I would go to a pro or olympics game. I like the noise of the crowd and to watch the people (although some of the language I could do without). Maybe you can cook your Data dinner again!

Kimi said...

No more tickets until I get my dinner! Glad you had a great time!

Jenna said...

OMG! My mom commented on blog!!!! That's amazing. What do you want for dinner?