I've been wanting to do more exploring in the Boston area. I mean it is where we live! I should actually see where I live! I convinced Chris we needed to get out more, and since it was a rainy forecast we were a little more limited in our choices. We decided to visit the Charlestown Navy Yard, especially to see the U.S.S. Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship, afloat, in the world.

Unfortunately, the camera battery was dying, so we had to snap just a few quick pictures, which didn't turn out that great.

We got to watch an informative video about the Navy Yard and another video about the journey of the ship, get a tour of the ship from a member of the Navy assigned to the ship, walk through a couple of museums, and walk on the U.S.S. Cassin Young. We missed the tour on that ship, so I guess we have to go back sometime!

They used to make rope and chains at the Navy yard, which was a pretty amazing process.

I wish I had gotten a picture, but I didn't, so the following will have to suffice. Around the U.S.S. Constitution there were thousands of jellyfish all piled on top of each other and spread all around the pier. This picture was taken near the Cassin Young where there were WAY less.
1 comment:
We enjoyed the USS constitution tour, our guide was very energetic.
Post a Comment