Tuesday, October 18, 2011
What's your blood type?
My friend Deidre and I would love to be party planners with unlimited budgets and plenty of uninterrupted time to plan. We do the best we can with small budgets and working during nap times, Sesame Street and bedtimes. Our lovely friend Melanie deserved a big and wonderful birthday party, so we decided to go all out! Deidre had found a cheap Twilight the movie game and that was our inspiration for the party. Don't worry, we're not Twihards, it was just so much more fun when there was a crazy and silly theme. All our ideas didn't pan out and my pictures are terrible,
Christy, are your pictures better? I'm sure they are!
Seriously my pictures are bad and this is all I have, so D, Mel, Christy, anyone have better pics? Please share! Sadly I don't have pictures of PEOPLE, only the most important part too!
You can't have a birthday without cake and these cupcakes had to be red, so we went with this awesome recipe by Heather for the cake part of the cupcakes.
We had fun making the cupcake toppers!
I think D and I giggled for a long time over this. We thought it was funny to have pictures of Edward and Jacob that were facing to gaze upon her lovely face.
Our favors
Not all of our decor is pictured such as a garland of plastic forks to represent Forks, WA. All the food was red, such as salsa (with chips), red peppers, red apples, twizzlers, pretzels dipped in red dyed chocolate. I love all the free downloads we found for the drink labels and frame fillers. Melanie is one of the best people I know and has been with me through a lot of hard times. She's always been so positive, kind, and caring. For crying out loud, she helped me clean out and organize a closet when I was pregnant! Pretty sure some people at the hospital thought she was my lesbian lover when she walked the halls with me while we pushed Landon in his little isolette. Some guy gave us a really odd look, haha! I love you Melanie! You're the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha! This looks like so much fun! Way to go Jenna and Deidre!
SO so fun. How darling! What great party planners you are.
This was the best party ev-ah! You and Deidre are awesome!
It was the best party ev-ah!!! I laughed really hard that you put the lesbian lover part on your blog. I have better pics from Christy that I think I still need to give to you and Melanie. Two CD's sitting on my desk! Remind me?
Post a Comment