Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wrapping It Up

So I live in a special world where apparently there are extra daylight hours so that you can do a LOT of stuff in one day. For the those of you (probably no one) still reading the Hawaii posts, I'm sure you've figured out my memory is less than great and that my pictures are out of order. Well once again I was wrong! The day we did the snorkeling? Yeah that's all we did. The rest of it should be Friday! So the recap of Friday will be brief:) If you're curious what we did for a chunk of Friday, you can check it out here. Landon hung out with his Marmee and Grandpa Mullen while Chris and I visited Waimea Falls.
That night we got to see some fireworks at the resort.
The next, Saturday, was the day we left, but since we had an evening flight, we had the whole day to play! Landon was excited to get out and was sporting his sunglasses!
After looking out the window, he was ready to go!
Down to the lagoon we went! The sand was really course and kind of hurt, but the lack of waves and the shallow water made it ideal for Landon to sit in!
Chris and I decided to try paddle boarding for the first time. We were very happy to try in a place without waves! We decided to NOT pay for the lessons, so we had to figure this out on our own. Chris was trying to figure out how to stand up.
We both got up!
Our little Hawaiian!
Thanks for a great time Mullen family! PS I just remembered we also visited Hanauma Bay. Chris and I went for an hour or so right before it closed on the day we left. We weren't able to take pictures as I don't have a waterproof camera and I didn't just want to leave my camera on the beach for someone to steal. We did however see some cool coral and fish. You weren't supposed to touch the coral and sometimes when the water fell (in between waves and just the movement of the water) we'd get REALLY close and may have accidentally touched it once or twice...oops. Craziest and scariest part was that we saw a Moray Eel and I have never tried to swim backward any faster, haha. Luckily it wasn't coming after me, but it found something else to chase!

1 comment:

Mary L. said...

As a grandma myself, I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the last two with Ann Marie!!!!!! Boy oh boy, does he have her wrapped around his little finger or what! :)