Wednesday, February 29, 2012
10 months
Landon turned 10 months on September 16th. This past month has been busy! Right after he turned 9 months, Landon got teeth number 3 and 4. Right before he turned 10 months, tooth number 5 popped through. He had his first trip to the zoo. On August 22nd, Mimi's birthday, he stood alone while holding onto the coffee table. He was pretty wobbly and couldn't pull himself to standing, but he did it!
At the end of August, I tried to teach him the sign for "more". He did so well in copying me, but he had a really hard time making his sign look different than a clap. He started clapping when clapping was appropriate, but he also started clapping as the sign for "more". Landon definitely knew the difference in meanings even though the signs looked the same. Whenever it was supposed to be a clap, he was said "yay".
(He's not really signing in this picture, but we'll pretend!)
The day after I started teaching him "more", we were driving in the car and I knew he'd probably be hungry, and I looked at him in the mirror and when we made eye contact, he signed "more". What a smartie! After only one day of learning!
August 31st was his FIRST hair cut!! He did so well! The hair cut made him look SO much older. He definitely looked like a little man!
I don't currently have the pictures from his first hair cut but here's a before and an after:
All month he's been getting all fours, rocking, and scooting around a little and looking like he was about to crawl. No such luck! He got really frustrated that he couldn't do it, but he tried!
On September 1st we had family pictures, took him kayaking for the first time, and when we gave him a bath he held onto the faucet and pulled himself to a standing position for the first time! Way to go little man!
He also started clapping A LOT, especially whenever we say "yay"!
(He sometimes gives me looks too)
September 2nd, he wave bye-bye for the first time. September 10th he started saying "uh-oh", his first word! The way he said it, it sounded more like "uh-uh" or "uh-ah".
Whenever we say "no" he laughs and/or smiles.
(I love his blue eyes!)
Landon loves to sit by his bucket of toys and pull out every toy and either throw it out or straight down (and will do it over and over) and then throw the bucket once it is empty.
His last big change for the month was that he started sitting up in bed a lot more. So glad he's growing and developing the way he should! We love our little guy! And we think he loves us too! Love his "hugs"!
When I first tried to take his teddy bear pictures, he wasn't in the mood and this is what I got.
But with some food, sleep, and yoga he finally came around and gave a couple of smiles!
And here he is at 2 months, 5 months, and 10 months.
Just making sure I didn't sweep the dirt under the rug!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


























3 comments:
Oh my goodness...he just melts me. Love that you caught so many emotions!! Way to go Mama!!
I want to go kayaking! And wow, what a difference between 2 and 5 months. He's sure growing fast!
I love the pics of him with the bear, I have never done that with my kids and I always wish I had. what a big boy!
Post a Comment