Yea! I have survived another round of parent-teacher conferences. They make for very long and stressful days. Whose idea was it that you should teach a full day and then have 5 hours of conferences afterwards? My voice and throat don't think it's a good idea. Neither does my patience.
Overall, I fared better than last time. I had a least one parent or guardian come for every student! Except the one who asked me to call her instead.
The highlights:
I only made 1 student cry. And the parents backed me up!
I only got behind a couple of times and that was because the parents were late.
A kindergarten sister of one of my students told me I was beautiful. He must have paid her to say it.
2 kids told me that the best of part of second grade was having me for their teacher. Their parents asked if I paid them and I said I didn't make enough to do that.
The scariest parent didn't come.
A scary parent came without his wife, but he was cordial!
The secretary called me a brat because I'm not coming back next year. And a few parents said that they hoped I would have their younger kids when they were in 2nd grade.
We'll stay focused on the positives. I do have to say that I wasn't my nicest at the end of the day Thursday, because the bell didn't ring. So all my students left late, which gave me about 8 minutes to get ready for conferences--not happy. It was also a stressful beginning to the day too. I get to school early, but for some reason a long line of cars was pulling up to the school. Then I remembered it was a PTA thing before school called "Dads and Donuts" so dang my parking spot was gone. Then I remembered they had called an last minute faculty meeting for this morning. Great! When do I get ready for parents coming? Also, after lunch on the last day of the week we have family members of the student of the week come and talk about the student. The little girl whose turn it was, was apparently very excited. I came into my room after lunch and found her sitting at the carpet, by herself, in complete darkness, with her poster from high up on the wall. She said she was waiting for her mom. I asked her how she had gotten into my room and she said that she came from the lunchroom. That means she'd been sitting there for at least 20 minutes, while everyone else was at recess. I was not too happy, but couldn't send her to think time since her mom walked in a minute later. I survived and I'm done for the year. So yippee!
1 comment:
Glad you made it! Hopefully you and Chris can have a fun weekend!
Post a Comment