I know I just posted...but whatever.
On Friday I wore my hair straight to school, which has happened maybe 3 times all year. I got a lot of funny comments and people not recognizing me. One little boy in my class said, "Mrs. Mullen, what happened to your hair?" He was very concerned. A little girl in my class said "Wow teacher, you're really good at brushing your hair, like me." She was talking to me like she thought I never brushed my hair and I just learned.
I was just grading some papers for math where they had to figure out a shape by reading clues. Then at the end they had to write their own riddle about a shape. For example, this shape has more than 3 angles and fewer than 4 sides. Well one little girl misunderstood and this is what she wrote (Of course I fixed the spelling so you can understand)... "Why did the triangle eat ketchup and turn red?.....???????? so he could ketchup to the rest of the shapes." Haha, that cracks me up. Another girl wrote this "1. I have 0 edges. 2. I roll." I think she meant a circle. hehe.
9 comments:
I've been wracking my brain... IS there a shape with more than 3 angles and fewer than 4 sides?? I can't think of it and I feel a little silly...
You really are good at brushing your hair, I've seen it. Very smooth :)
I can't think of what shape it would be either!
2nd Graders are so cute! I can't even imagine what shape their referring to. Maybe I shouldn't even try w/ prego brain & all. I bet John would know immediatly!
No, that shape doesn't exist...
It was just an example of clues and now I feel stupid.
Haha, that's funny! I love that the little girl thought you just learned how to brush her hair. Your package should be coming soon-lots of letters in it for various people.
Love you!
Mom
I'm excited to have found your blog! I'm sorry about your cop story! Don't you love school kids and all of the funny things they say- I could blog everyday with hilarious comments and I'm sure you could too. Our blog is vafrost.blogspot.com . Hope you're well!
I was just having this conversation with a friend on Sunday how great it would be to be able to have curly hair and then straighten the hair the change your look completely.
Love the kid comments. And I have to say, I can't agree more on your pet peeves!!!
So glad you left a comment and found my blog! I am excited to see yours. I tried to find more of our cohort friend's blogs from Victoria's and couldn't find anyone's. So .. . yippee!
Looks like things are going great for you. Good work teaching! That little girl must really love you!
Post a Comment