So here I am not watching the Super Bowl, but enjoying the company of family. It's so nice to have family in Utah. The beginning of the week was really hard for me, as there seems to be so much sadness and hardship everywhere. This week was the year anniversary of the death of a mom of one of my students. It makes me so sad to realize that for most of his life he will be motherless. One of my co-workers lost her husband about a month ago, then her house flooded and her roof caved in, and her knee is giving out. My heart just cries for her. Then a friend of mine who I've known for a couple of years is going through a divorce she doesn't want. I literally cried for her, just trying to comprehend the pain she is going through. In comparison to others trials and struggles, my life seems so perfect and blessed.
As in all things, there is good and bad. I saw so much sadness and pain this week, but I was able to feel so much joy and peace. I was able to attend the temple twice this week! There is so much peace and joy found within. All worries just seem to melt away. I almost didn't go because I was thoroughly exhausted mentally and physically, but I'm glad I went. Sometimes I have a lot of self doubts, including my teaching teaching abilities, but I absolutely LOVE my school. On Friday, 2 of my favorite moms dropped by at the same time. They are friends and it was so nice to be around such good feelings. I talked with one of the moms for awhile and she talked about how this year has been perfect for her daughter. She gave me one of the best compliments when she said that I truly have a gift for teaching. The day before I was talking to the school secretaries when the literacy specialist came through to introduce her mom to everyone. She introduced me as a new teacher and said that I am a natural. I'm so lucky to have a part-time aide! She is very reserved, so I've always wondered what she thought about my teaching since she sees it the most. I was amazed when she told me that I have great control of my class. It really was such an uplifting couple of days! I'm glad that I have parents who are grateful to have me as their child's teacher. It helps me when I see the scary ones!
Life is full ups and downs. The joy is so much brighter in comparison to the pain. It makes me so grateful for the things I've been given.
1 comment:
well glory be...it is about time. welcome to the wonderful world of blog! we too had a great superbowl party...wish you could have been here ... we had much pittsburgh mania .. pittsburgh food .. terrible towels and everything - yeah go steelers.
so come see us sometime. really farmington is not that far away!!!!
Post a Comment