Saturday, April 4, 2009

MMM...Not Such a Good Week

Good things did happen this week, but I think the bad are more entertaining this time. Maybe that's the mood I'm in. Right now it is 7:58 on Saturday morning and I have been up most of the night. No idea why. I was exhausted yesterday! I could barely make the drive home from work. Anyway, at least I'll blog about it!

Monday during the night, I woke up not feeling so well and I was awake most of the night. When it came time to start getting ready for work, I realized I was going to have to call in a sub. There was no way I could go to work. So I wrote my lesson plans and called in a sub and within 5 minutes the position was filled (sign of the economy). I went to to school on Wednesday, still not feeling great, but I knew I couldn't have a sub again. I found 2 sub notes and was very confused. That's when I found out my sub got sick 2 hours into school and left. Luckily my aide was there, but she leaves at 12 and she couldn't stay late that day. So she took over for a couple of hours and then another teacher's aide came and took over for the rest of the day. Needless to say, the next day the children were beserk.

Wednesday, Chris works until 10 at night and since I had so much girl time last week I was home alone and very lonely. Thankfully, Andrea (my sister), noticed and took me out to dinner on her meal plan! Thanks nan!

Friday morning I was soooo tired, because I went to bed too late the night before. My head kinda hurt and it was snowing...again. It was wet snow so inside recess all day=not cool. They're all a little crazy with the weather and the fact that spring break is next Thursday. So back in October I got this whiteboard easel that has storage and stuff. Chris came to school and put it together for me. I was so excited for it, but I hated it because it was the worst whiteboard ever. I used it solely for the magnetic capabilities. It was near impossible to erase and always left shadows and it was scratched up. What a waste of like $250! I usually let the kids clean it. They fight over who gets to do it. So I had 2 kids clean it yesterday and they found sticky stuff on it (I figured it was the tack stuff I had been using) so I said "Sure, pull it off". Another adult came in and I was talking to her when the student asked me again and I repeated my answer. Then I hear this ridiculous noise and turn to see like 8 students attacking my easel. They are pulling off the plastic covering from the whiteboard. Now I feel like an idiot, because I had tried to find a protective covering. The edges were under the metal on the sides so it was impossible to find an edge. It had finally torn a little in the middle and they had picked at it. I was relieved and laughed, but kinda annoyed because I won't be needing it as much in the next 2 months of school. I think I was more annoyed when I told Chris because I was more tired and hungry at the time.

Chris and I decided we would go to the temple and dinner for our date. We get to the temple and Chris realized he didn't have his wallet...which meant no recommend. Well I figured it was as good a time as any to tell him what I found on the car. The day before I noticed a long scratch across the whole hood of the car, except I would call it more of a gouge because it's too deep and wide to be a scratch. Hmmm that'll cost a couple of grand to fix (at least). Definitely don't have that in the budget right now, but we don't want it to rust. We're not sure who did it...my guess is the people upstairs. The park their big RV next to our car and they've been going in and out of it and their kids play near our car. They probably set something heavy or sharp on the hood and dragged it across. I have no idea though. Or it could have been some teenage punk out for kicks. I only had it at home and at school. So one of those places!

Well we figured we might as well have a nice dinner, since we were both grouchy. Me, especially since I was tired and hungry (not a good combo.). We ate calamari so that made everything all better...I wish.

Can garlic breath keep you up at night? Maybe that's why I'm awake.

1 comment:

Britni said...

Definitely more entertaining :) Or at least more relatable. I think we all have weeks that suck like this. But then that just means next week will be better (hopefully).