The last month was pretty eventful for us. April 23-24th were big days for us. Chris graduated with his masters degree in accounting! Yea! Both our sets of parents came out for the event since my sister and brother-in-law also graduated. Erica graduated in Sociology and Spencer in Spanish.
Thursday night we had a big dinner with everyone at Macaroni Grill. It was super crowded, but we had amazing service. After a request, the brought us glasses of water outside while we waited for our seats. We did get seated about 30 min. after our reservation time, but they were so busy! They had even rented tables and chairs to try and pack people in. We never ran out of the bread and the waiters were very accommodating to our special requests. When we got ready to leave, Chris noticed some dark spots on my new shirt and skirt. Apparently someone had spilled balsamic vinegar on the chair and since it was a dark chair in a dim restauratunt, no one could tell. Thankfully the manager said he would either pay for the dry cleaning bill and/or pay for a new outfit! How nice!
Friday was a good day, but super long. Spencer's graduation was at 8:00 am, Erica's was at 11:00 and Chris's was at 5:00. We spent many long hours sitting on hard seats in the Marriott center. That night Chris and I met up with a lot of his extended family at a restaurant in Salt Lake. It was very fun to be with his aunts, uncles, grandma, and immediate family. After dinner we headed to a bed and breakfast, near the capitol building, called The Inn on the Hill. I'll talk more about that in the next post. I better do it soon, so that I actually do it!
2 comments:
Congratulations Chris! Graduation always feels like such a relief doesn't it? Jenna-I found an email address for you on the ward website and invited you to our blog. Let me know if there is a different email address you want me to invite! I'm glad we can be "blog friends" :)
-Lindsey
whew boy, that sure is a long day! At least you got to be with your family during it all!
Post a Comment