Well, let's see if this unlocks the flood gates of all the posts, old and new, that I have meant to write about! Honestly, I don't think I write because I hate putting in pictures and I have PS Elements but NO idea how to use it. What a confusing program! Since people don't like reading posts without pictures, I just don't post!
My friend Jen tagged me a few days ago, which means I have to write 10 honest things about myself. I am having a hard time coming up with things, in the moment. As I live life, things will pop in my head, but I can't just think of them when I'm sitting at the computer! So here goes, and you better read the end to see if I tag you!!!
1. Warm, sunny weather makes me truly happy. On Saturday, I was driving around and the sun was shining so I rolled down the window and I felt like nothing could bring me down! My mood, level of optimism, outlook on life, and stress level are SO influence by the weather. Unfortunately, it's gloomy now and colder. Lame.
2. I am not a fan of the Utah and Massachusetts custom of taking off your shoes when you go to visit people's houses. People didn't do that in Alabama! It was rude to ask someone to take their shoes off. I always wore my shoes in people's houses. I understand that snow is gross, but I hate it when my feet are almost always cold when I visit people. When you visit me, you can keep your shoes ON. (For my friends who have shoes-off in their house, I am used to it and I will take my shoes off at your house, don't worry:)
3. I have told myself that I am not allowed to buy anything for new projects or crafts until I finish ones that I have. I see all these cute ideas for projects, some that are super quick and simple ones, but I must finish my other ones before I start new ones! It's really hard to not buy more fabric or whatever I see that is so cute. Have I finished any old projects? Nope.
4. I want a journal with all these thoughts, memories, experiences, and lessons learned filling the pages, but I don't want to write it! I absolutely hate writing in my journal, which is why I rarely do, but I really want all these things to be written in a journal. I'm picky because I don't want to type it, even though that would fix my problem of thinking that hand writing takes too long, but I like the idea of a hand-written journal. Unfortunately what I do have written is mostly written in a terrible pen so you can hardly read it. Anyone know of good pens?
5. I'm a people pleaser and I'm very self-conscious. It's so funny to me that people think I'm out-going now because I definitely used to be extremely shy. I was always so self-conscious and I was embarassed to say or do anything wrong in front of people, so I just avoided situations altogether and I really missed out on some things. I also have a really hard time when someone is mad at me or doesn't like me. I can't handle. I fall apart. So if you dont like me, please don't tell me! I also don't like it when I feel like I'm being judged.
6. Unless you're a close friend, I get really sick of having to tell people what I do with my time. This is one of those situations where I feel like people are judging me all the time and I hate it. I need to feel like my time is spent doing something fulfilling and most of the time I do, so just trust me. Also, I love that I get to spend so much serving others! It's a wonderful feeling, but I still have a long way to go. I know many people who are stars at thinking of doing things for others. It's also nice to develop some hobbies and pursue interests.
7. I was so mad at my parents when they told me they were pregnant with Emma, who is 20 years and 8 days younger than me, but now I love having a sister who is so much younger. She is more like a niece (I guess, since I don't actually have nieces or nephews) and it's great that we don't fight over toys! No competition or learning to share with each other, we don't share a room, and don't fight over clothes. It's great!
8. I have the best husband ever, which I'm sure you all already knew! He's so self-less and thoughtful. On Sunday he did the all the dishes and threw out all the bad food from the fridge. What a good boy! After that he still had to pack and getting ready to go pack to New York! He also knows that I want to go out on the weekends, when he is home, but all he wants to do is stay home. Guess what we do? Go out! I love that he watches chick flicks with me, is a great cook, gives me foot rubs, and takes care of me when I don't feel well.
9. I LOVE a clean, clutter-free house, but my house more often than not is not like that! I really wish it was and I complain about it when it's messy, but I can't seem to get the whole thing perfect and keep it that way! It's kinda sad and pathetic really.
10. My friend and I are toying with the idea of starting a little home business, where we sell our crafts on the internet and at craft fairs. It's a work in progress, but it sure is fun! We figured that if no one buys our things, at least we'll have presents to giveaway for a long time. Haha.
Hopefully it wasn't so boring that you're asleep now. Eyes open? These 4 people are now required to post 10 honest things about themselves. I'm going to hold you to i!
Deidre Cammack, Erica Ricks, Mindy Ruth Scott, and Katie Bradley
6 comments:
I TOTALLY agree about the shoe thing. I mean, you want people to feel welcome in your home, and telling them to take off their shoes so that they don't mess up your carpet the second they walk in the door is not exactly doing that. A home is meant to be lived in, and if your carpet is so delicate that people can't walk on it, then something is wrong!
So...if you are so happy that Emma is 20 years and 8 days younger because that means you don't have to do all that stuff with her that you did with me, does that mean you wish I weren't 2 years, 6 months, and 20 days younger? Ouch.
Ok, you'll have to remind me. Even though I'm an extrovert that seems a little scary. Honest. Geez!
This was fun to read - and I totally understand #6. I love having time to myself now, because as soon as we have kids that freedom will be gone for years. I won't lie, though, it was really convenient when I started school and had that as another answer to give ... and I feel like I really have been able to serve SO much lately and so much more than I would have otherwise.
(And in response to your question earlier, definitely the elliptical! My knees are pretty sketchy and I hate treadmills. So it might not be technically 8 miles a day, but it's a lot more than the zero miles I was doing before. lol)
Erica-I love having you as my sister. And you know that! Punk. I meant as in I was mad and now happy. I love that we can deep and meaningful conversations, unlike the ones with Emma and that we can share big experiences together, like moving!
Allison-That is awesome that you do that! You go girl! I am totally not a runner, but I dig a bike or an elliptical, so I would count that too! What's your calling right now? Are you RS pres? I wasn't sure from your blog.
I love reading your blog pictures or no pictures. I hapy you are loving your crafts and you are currently in a place that you have time to do them. As far as loving a clean, clutter-free house but not being able to reach that goal all the time - there really is something to be said for the "lived in" look. Besides, when you organize and put things away then you can't find them. And I do have to agree with you, you do have a fine husband (not that I'm prejudice or anything). I forgot to read #11 before I posted this so I'll have to go read it now! Hugs to both of you.
Post a Comment