You know how sometimes you just want to hear something that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Well I do!
There are 2 little kids that I watch every Thursday for a couple of hours. They come to my house, poor things, so that their mom can teach violin lesson. Now I don't think my house is very exciting to little kids, but I try to make it fun. Chris visits this same family, and on Sunday the mom told him that all week long the little kids will ask, "Is it Jenna day yet?" How cute is that!
On Sunday, a sweet little girl, A, came up to me with her mom and her mom said, "A would like to tell you something." Then A told me, "I think you're beautiful Sister Mullen". Oh man, how sweet! It made my heart melt.
I think I need to tell people more often the things I like about them, I mean, who doesn't want to hear something nice? Especially when it's unsolicited and from someone you may not even really know.
4 comments:
Those two kids are right about you. And you are right, we should tell others more often the good things about them. One time I was on an elevator at work and a man got on the elevator. I didn't know him; had never seen him in fact. But he was a very nice looking man and a well put together man in his demeanor and dress. And he had Old Spice cologne on and it smelled so good. I wasn't going to say anything to him because I knew if I did he would think I was too weird, but he smelled so good I couldn't help myself. So I said, "Excuse me sir, but I just have to tell you, you smell so good." He looked at me, got this big grin on his face, told me thank you about three times and told me I made his day as he got off the elevator on his floor. Never underestimate a kind word, a compliment or a quick smile.
A is right.
And so are you.
How cute! I think "Jenna day" would be super fun! Do you guys have a calling in Primary?
Y'all are too sweet! I'm glad they think Jenna day is fun! I teach primary kids (I was sunbeam, but I moved up with my class so now it's CTR 5) and Chris is the choir director!
Post a Comment