Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A wonderful wintry weekend

Hmmm...this goes farther back in time, but it was just too fun to not post. Eventually I want to print all my blog posts too since I am a terrible journal keeper, so got to put it in...

Well back in February, Chris and I had a fun at home date to celebrate watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics. We made a cool Olympic village. Take a look!



Here's the completed project. Yay!



I attempted the Olympic rings. Not so even, but I tried.




Here's the dorms where the athletes stay. They're really small people.



The skating rink. You can see the pairs skaters doing a lift right now.



Here's a view of the ski slopes, luge track, and skeleton track. Go team USA!


The next day, Chris and I headed out to celebrate an early Valentine's date. We went to the Museum of Science to see the Harry Potter exhibition. Chris was a little skeptical, but in the end he admitted it was really cool and a lot better than he thought it would be.



When Chris saw this chess piece from the 1st movie, then he thought this could be cool. Unfortunately, once you were in the exhibit, you couldn't take pictures. Bummer. We got to throw quaffles, pull mandrakes, walk through the Great Hall, see lot of costumes and props, and realize all the amazing little details they think about to make it all seem so real!

For most people it was a 3 day weekend, but Chris had to work. Luckily my 3 youngest siblings came to my house so that I could baby-sit them. We had fun decorating cookies, eating lunch, and watching a movie.
For some reason, she brought her bathing suit and wanted to put it on. Oh well.
She was the only one who let me take pictures willingly...
He was more into eating them...
Not a cute picture, but it's the only with her looking at the camera. She was not pleased with taking a picture.
Some of the finished cookies! Those kids ate so much sugar, sorry Mom and Dad.

3 comments:

williamsfam5 said...

I'm pretty sure if I let my kids see this they would want to have you as parents. I'd be history!
You're FUN!

Ann Marie said...

I'm glad you have added these posts. It's fun to see you and your family. So glad your siblings have you close. These are great memory makers and now they are recorded. Go Jenna.

LJ said...

Looks like you guys had all sorts of fun. I really like the Olympic Village idea. Might have to try that one sometime. I just wanted you to know that I have added a link to your blog on my blog. If that is not okay let me know.
Lacey
(I always feel like I need to tell people when I link to their blog. Is that weird?)