Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fun with the Haderlies!

The weekend before our big trip, our friends Mat and Jen came! Mat is interning with Continental Airlines, so they take lots fun adventures every weekend, and we were lucky enough that they would use a weekend to come see us!

They had never been to Boston before, so it was hard to try and cram what Boston's all about into 1 day. I don't know if we succeeded, but we sure tried! And I think we convinced them that the Bay State would be worth another visit (well at least we hope).

Saturday morning started out quite early as we headed out to the first Duck Tour of the day. The weather was great and so was the traffic, which for once I was sad about. Because we didn't have to stop all the time, we heard fewer stories about the sites!

Part of the tour is on the Charles River, and Mat got to drive the Duck! Go Mat go!

After the tour, we walked to Boston Gardens and rode the Swan Boats. First, are some things we saw along the way, including Chris's office, which he actually doesn't spend too much time at.





Saw George Washington (who've I've always thought was Paul Revere...oops).

We walked part of the Freedom Trail and saw things such as this tombstone for Mother Goose.
We eventually made it to Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall where we saw a British car show and a golden cow girl who stood as still as a statue, unless you gave her money and then she would give you a high five!
We bought some lunch, walked to the North End (the Italian district) and bought cannolis at Mike's Pastries (super famous) and some gelato as well.


After filling our tummies with yummy goodness, we walked to the wharf area and enjoyed the beautiful afternoon for a little while, took the T so Mat could ride his first subway, and got back to the car. Then we drove to Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester. Luckily it was after 5 so we didn't have to pay for parking ! Woohoo! Only Mat and I were brave enough to go in the cold water. I was so sad I didn't have my swim suit because I would have been all the way in!
Supposedly at low tide you can walk out to the island!
This house has sweet views of the beautiful beach!
After getting some dinner at a pub in town (everything else had a super long wait!) we drove home and on the way stopped by the Boston Temple.
It was a long, busy day but lots of fun! We are so glad our friends came and hope they come again!

2 comments:

Deidre said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE you did all that in one day. Whew. What fun friends you are. Looks like a wonderful time.

Mat & Jen said...

You guys are the BEST!!! We TOTALLY want to come out again!! We had so much fun! I am still bragging about all the fun stuff we did!! :)