Thursday, March 17, 2011

4 months old

Little Landon turned 4 months yesterday. Where has the time gone?

As usual I tried to take our pictures with the bear to see how much he's grown, but he had a hard time. Maybe I should have taped him to the couch! I guess it's slippery after the leather has been cleaned. Oops! Landon shows us how to gracefully fall...

 

Landon is a BOY! I'm sure you're thinking, well duh, that's obvious. But really, he has a MAN voice. He grunts, groans, moans and more. Sometimes his voice (yes, even a happy one) sounds like heaving or clearing a throat, and he'll even get this look on his face like he's constipated. Yet, these are happy noises for him. My favorite is when he sticks his tongue kinda out, squats down, turns red, and makes a sound that has got to hurt his throat and yet when's he done, he smiles at me! Haha. What a boy...

He loves the running water, which is good when I'm trying to fix a bottle when he's mad. He loves the toy on his carseat handle. I love watching him smile at it. Yes I often look in my rearview mirror to look in his mirror to watch him...good thing we haven't had an accident. He doesn't really roll over except every rare once in awhile. His skin is getting worse, so we need to figure out what he's allergic to. Out of the blue he decided to start going without food from around 6:30ishpm to 1:30ish am. The longest he's ever been!!!! Last night he went 9 hours! Of course he didn't sleep the whole time and we had to go in a few times, but wow! Now if only I was sleeping when he was...

We had his 4 months well visit yesterday and we had to wait a whole hour in the waiting room. Yuck! Everyone else cycled through and we just sat. A couple of patients had a hard time and put our doctor behind schedule. He felt bad, but I felt like our entire appointment was really rushed. We didn't get the ears, throat, lungs or anything checked. Sadly I didn't realize it until today. His skin looked awful, with his face being the worst and a rash across his chest on a little on his arms and legs. Poor kid. I loved that the doctor gave Landon a little kiss though. The doc commented that he was a happy, content, and social baby. I mentioned that I agreed, but that at first I thought he was kind of a fussy baby. I liked that he was quick to say that he never thought that L was fussy, he just didn't feel well. Here's his stats!

Weight: 13 lbs 14 oz. 30th %
Height: 26.25 90th %
Head Circumference 16.75 60th %

Weight-Length Ratio: 0.38% haha!

What's ridiculous is that the nurse said he was 24 inches and when the doctor didn't believe it, he had to re-measure him. She was 2.25 inches off!! It's funny how everyone thinks he so huge and he's tall but not huge.

Today he started making lots of kissy, smacky sounds with his tongue against his upper lip. So cute! Except it dries my lips out when I do it too much. Over the past 2 months he's been perfecting the binky hold. Now he can even grab the binky and yank it out and a couple of times he's actually put it back. Super rare though. 2 months ago when he was first getting smart about the binky, he would wrap his little arm in front of the face and use the crook of his elbow to hold it in. Next came the fist in front of the binky (or sometimes 2 fists). Now he's added a couple more to his repertoire: using a finger in the binky hole and holding the binky against his face with the bink in between his pointer and middle fingers. He still loses it a lot and sometimes his fingers compete with the pacifier and he tries to have his entire hand along with the binky in his mouth at the same time. He's trying so hard to put EVERYTHING in his mouth now: toys, mama's hair, burp clothes, paper, binkies, hands, mama's hands, whatever. If his hands were so darn huge, I bet the an entire hand get fit inside his mouth. But no, they just help to gag him instead.

I can never get a picture of him holding his binky, so this is all I got.


My favorite isn't pictured (the binky between the fingers) but I loved when he the binky got stuck on his fingers and he yanked it out of his own mouth.


He's grown!
2 weeks
2 months
4 months





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

He is such a handsome baby, I love hearing his cute grunts!!