I recently had my birthday and my kind sister Erica reminded me that I am closer to 30 than 20. Scary! I don't think I ever want to turn 30. I guess it's eventually turn 30 or die, so I'll choose 30, I suppose.
I had a nice long birthday weekend and the best part...Chris got to be here for my birthday! Last year he was gone and he was supposed to be gone again this year, but thankfully his trip was canceled.
Thursday I got to have a movie (or more like a chat) night at my house with a couple of friends. Friday I had a "picnic" on the living room floor with another friend and her kids. She called me that morning and firmly told me that she was bringing lunch. I like how affirmative she was about it. I need to that more often. Then in the afternoon, Landon and I drove to my parents' house to hang out and have a family party. We ate one of my favorite meals, Hawaiian Haystacks (yum), had a yummy caramel cake made by my wonderful mother, and opened my presents (with a lot of help from younger sister Emma who was determined to open them all--good thing her birthday is tomorrow).
This is how my brother pays with Landon.
Awkward Family Photo?
Saturday, our sweet friends the Cammacks watched Landon for a long time so that Chris and I could go eat in a CASTLE. Yes you read that right, a castle. In that castle, which was built in the 1880s, we dined on SCRUMPTIOUS steaks. I had a filet mignon with crab meant and bernaise sauce and asparagus. If feel like treating your loved one to a nice steak, I recommend checking out Smith and Wollensky's. It makes me smile just to think about it:) Then we walked down to the beautiful and grand Boston Opera House to see the musical Mary Poppins. Apparently we sat in the "friendly" section as the guy in front of us offered to go get us waters, the guy next to me struck up a conversation and gave me a big ole' handshake and Chris sat next to some talkative ladies. I wasn't jealous. The show was awesome! Loved it.
Tuesday I had a birthday bash with 3 other b-day girls. It was such a blast. I don't think I've laughed or smiled that much in a long time. I also filled my belly with the most DELISH cupcakes ever! It was a cupcake war party and everyone was supposed to bring their A game cupcakes (which is why I didn't take any, haha) and the b-day girls got to judge. Holy hannah I know some amazing bakers!!!! Thanks to my wonderful friends and family for making my birthday so fun!
Honorees
The gang
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Jenna! In the group picture - I know Sarah. We used to be in the same ward growing up. Small world out here.
Glad you had a fun birthday.
Oh, I didn't mean it to be mean :( Besides, 30 is the new 20, remember? 30, flirty and fun. Looks like you had a great bday!
so sweet, i was very very depressed to miss celebrating all those birthdays with the girls i love.
i don't know how you all find babysitters... or maybe every one else's husbands come home early.
either way, you all look lovely.
30 isn't bad. 36 is pretty boring however, I'll keep you posted as I get closer to 40.
Enjoy where you are at. Life it good.
Post a Comment