Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cambridge Adventure

We've lived in Boston for over a year and half and have sadly spent next to no time in Cambridge. It's so close too! So we thought the Saturday a couple of weeks ago was Bank of America's free museum Saturday, but it was not. Since we were already at this Harvard museum, we figured we'd fork over the cash and stay anyway.



We had 2 hours to see as much as possible, as we were parked in metered parking. We saw some cool stuff as quickly as we could. The glass flowers were amazing!!! Probably the most awe inspiring things there. I don't have a picture of them, so here's a different one.

Hanging out outside the museum.



We wandered around and found Longfellow's house.

We watched a street performer on his unicycle and pogo stick.


We had a dinner at this awesome place. It was rated best burger in America by Boston Globe and Wall Street Journal. It was life changing.

We had a great day!

2 comments:

Deidre said...

Ooo, I'm glad you tried Bartley's. Isn't it so interesting?! Don't feel bad. We've only been to the Harvard area twice since we've been here. Looks fun.

Allison said...

I loved this post! Such a fun adventure ... I'm glad you guys got to see the highlights in Harvard Square. For the first two months we were married, Matt and I lived in the dorms as proctors for high school students. Our building was literally RIGHT across the street from Bartley's and it tempted us daily - those smells were amazing. Also, the glass flowers were amazing - we were just talking about those the other day!