Friday, September 16, 2011

Landon's allergies

A couple days after Landon turned 6 months, we FINALLY got to see the pediatric allergist. We found out that Landon is allergic to EGGS and HORSE HAIR! He was getting eggs through my breast milk and I thought, "horse hair, okay...we don't ride horses, no big deal" but I was very wrong! We live (now lived!) in an apartment that was 90 years old so it has horse hair plaster! What the what?! I had NEVER heard of that. Needless to say this was going to take a lot more to solve (which is why don't live there anymore!). Landon went on 2 anti-itch medications, a special hypo-allergenic formula, special soap and shampoo, and we have definitely seen the results. He looks SO much better and is so much happier. It has been night and day! So grateful for our allergist! When Landon is 2 they will do a baked egg test to see if those are safe and he will be tested yearly to see if he grows out of the allergy. Supposedly 60 % of kids grow out of egg allergies by them they are 4. I'm hoping we're part of that and that we NEVER have to use those epi-pens. Before (I can't find the pictures that I was looking for)
After

6 comments:

Mary L. said...

Jenna,

The text for the pictures isn't showing up. I get the feeling that you might have some idea of what's going on in the allergy dept. I pray that sweet little Landon will get some relief.

Mary

The Brown Family said...

Love that last photo!! So glad things have changed for the better, Landon is too sweet!

Katie B said...

My gosh. I had never heard of something like that. What are the odds of having horse hair plaster AND your child being allergic to it?! Crazy! So glad he's doing much better!

Nikki said...

Yay!! That must be such a relief to know the cause of his allergies. Hope the move went well!

Mary Pugh said...

YEAH for answers! I am so glad that you guys were able to figure out what was going on with Landon. His cheeks are to die for. My neighbor's little boy had a milk allergy that he didn't outgrow until he was 5 but now it is no problem at all!~ Hopefully that will be the case for you guys!

Sara said...

Landon is such a cutie! Dr. Yuan always tells me how much better he is doing. I'm glad!