Luckily my sister and our friends, the Cook sisters, are all about the same age, which means Joseph had cool people to hang out with. The first day we did fun things like go to brunch at In a Pickle, visit the Mt. Auburn cemetery, drive around Boston and play with the Cricut. Yes I got a boy to do crafty stuff. Of course the girls were very excited!
The next day we went down to Newport, RI and explored 2 of the mansions (Elms and Breakers), Ben and Jerry's, and some restaurant (I don't remember the name).
Outside The Breakers
Walking around the gardens (Diana you're so lucky I didn't put the other picture up...I almost did). Notice a height difference? Just a little one.
The next day we had breakfast with my fam at a little cafe, hung out with little siblings, went to the park, and then had a group date (Chris did meet up with us for that!).
Emma took lots of pictures at the park that day. I'll show a couple. It's a good thing I have a digital camera, because if it was film, she would be in big trouble!
She managed to get a picture of almost everyone's rear...but I guess that's what you see when you're that tall (or short).
For our triple date we hung out at Kimball Farms for arcade games, putt-putt, and ice cream. Headed to P.F. Changs for dinner. Then bowled one round at bowling alley. The places had a lot of driving in between, so it was quite a long date. Chris and I were sooooo tired at the end. It was hard to drive home after dropping everyone off. Well Chris drove solo the whole time and I had everyone else with me. Poor Chris.
Chris had issues with keeping his ball OUT of the water. Poor guy, we made fun of him.
The last full day, Chris, Joseph, and I headed to Boston for a quick few hours. We rode the Swan Boats, walked around the Gardens and Commons, picked up a lot of stuff at Mike's pastries for the BBQ that night, ate gelato in Little Italy, hung around Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall. Then we spent the rest of the evening at my parent's house where we had a BBQ with the Cook family.
2 comments:
Whoa. Fun but EXHAUSTING. He looks like Chris Jr!! It sounds like you guys had so much fun though.
Fun trip! There really is so much to do in the Boston area. And I really liked the cards you guys did - super cute! (I've entertained boys with my Cricut, too!) Hope you're having a great time on the cruise and I can't wait to see those pictures!
Post a Comment