Tuesday, December 14, 2010

4 weeks old

I can't believe little Landon is 4 weeks old! This past month has been a blur and the days have melted together. We love this little guy and can tell he is changing. He's much more alert and had his first smile this past weekend :) It made my day! He held his head up and looked left and right before putting it down. He practiced for several minutes the other day and even held his head up for about a minute! You go boy! He's much more interactive and expressive and loves looking at the Christmas lights.

We had a doctor's appointment today and he got diagnosed with reflux, and hopefully his medicine will make us all happier. The last few days have been really, really long and stressful. Feedings have been kind of a nightmare. The doctor said that the way Landon can track and move his head is what a 2 month old should do and is doing really well. He is worried about his weight, and you must be thinking, "Really? He's such a big boy!" Well he's only gained 1.5 oz in the past 2 weeks and he was supposed to gain an 0.5 to 1.0 oz a DAY. We're not too worried since he gained double the amount of weight that he was supposed to right after we came home from the hospital. We get to have a check up on Friday!

Good new for me...no more home health nurses! I've graduated to just my doctor's appointments, yay!


4 days old



3.5 weeks old
Gotta love the hair sticking out!



Not the best of him holding his head up, but all we got!

7 comments:

Erica said...

I am so grateful for technology so I can see this without being there, although I'd rather be with there with him. This video just made my day!

Katie B said...

He's such a sweetie! Beautiful beautiful eyes. You look so happy with him!

Liam and Dash had some reflux too and the medicine helped a bit. I sure hope it makes things happier for you all!

scooping it up said...

I gotta see this boy next to Johnny! Wanna come over soon?

Sara said...

I really hope the meds work! Poor little guy!

Deidre said...

Great updates, love the little yellow outfit. Things will get better from here on out!

coriconnors said...

Oh my heckeroo!!! What a beautiful family. And Jenna, you look gorgeous! Glad there is a diagnosis and hope for a little more peace for you, and for Little Guy.
Can't wait to see you!!!!!

Adespain said...

Jenna! Your little Landon is SO cute! Love those eyes! Congrats on a beautiful baby!