This is what baby did today (picture not taken today)
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Lots of tears :(
Today was hard on mommy and baby.
This is what baby did today (picture not taken today)
My medicine makes his tummy hurt real bad. He has been having diarrhea, gas, yucky smells, and a really painful tummy. He let me know by screaming and having a really stiff body. Poor little guy cried so much that his eyes turned all red. Mommy tried not to cry too and eventually he screamed and cried so much that all he could do was this: (also not taken today, because I would not have smiled that much)
We had a cuddle day when he finally gave in to the exhaustion. Bittersweet moment today...I walked around with him for the first time and helped bathe him for the first time. Don't tell my nurse! I've only changed 1 diaper since he's been born and whenever he needs to be "walked" I pass him off. In some ways it's nice, but in some ways it makes me really sad :( Everyone says I'll get plenty of chances. I know. But he will only be little for just a bit. I'd rather give up weeks of changing size 4 diapers and be able to change these newborn diapers. Holding him while walking I got a new idea of how small he is! And he's probably much bigger than when he was born :( Stupid c-section and infection.
This is what baby did today (picture not taken today)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
what? i hate to think of you crying. what a birthing experience to remember. i know you will look back on it and love it... and love that it is over! you are an amazing woman! wow, Landon can be glad he has you as his mom! wound vac and all. please call sometime when you have a break... or need a break. i have been thinking about you tons and i love seeing the pictures. and... just so you know - they are not BLAH pictures. they are totally adorable. i love baby landon! how is he doing. i hope you are recovering a little better now. our prayers are with you. call me soon! much love, mindy
I can't imagine how frustrated you must be! Try to enjoy what you CAN do for Landon without thinking about the limitations. The most important thing you can do is love him and you're sure doing a lot of that!
I remember many tearful days when Andrew was a newborn. Some babies are just sadder than others. Your physical limitations must make it much more difficult to deal with.
If you decide to supplement his feedings with formula while you are taking medication, do not feel guilty. I had to do this for Andrew after he got dehydrated. I felt so bad, but it was what was best for him. I hope you continue to get better!
Oh that crying picture makes me so sad! I'm sorry it's so rough right now!
Oh, Jenna, what an adventure and what a beautiful little boy! I love his name and am so glad that you're doing better now - you're so strong! I'm so glad you've had family and friends to help and, wow, I can't imagine everything you've gone through. Enjoy cuddling him and congratulations! That picture at the top of you kissing him is so sweet - even though he looks a bit sad, you look like the amazing mom I knew you'd be!
jenna. you look absolutely beautiful. poor little guy. poor mommy and daddy. hopefully this will pass soon and you will all have some peaceful rest! love you.
Post a Comment