Sunday, May 1, 2011

5 months old (a little late)

Landon is 5 months old! It was so different taking his 5 month pictures, because for the first time he tried over and over to grab the teddy bear. Last month he couldn't stay sitting up on the couch (we had just polished it) and now he just wanted to eat the teddy bear. He likes to eat Mommy's hair, clothes, jewelry, his burp cloth, toys, cellphones, computers, and even babies! Yes he tried to eat one of our friends last week. My favorite is his toes! I love that he plays with them and that he sticks them in his mouth. It's so cute! Anything and everything goes straights to his very wet, drooooooly mouth.

Knocking teddy down and eating him!

He's gotten better at putting his binky in. We always have it clipped to his clothes and he likes to chew on the ribbon tether. He likes to spit it out or pull it out(sometimes on accident) and chew on the ribbon and grab the binky and chew ALL sides of it. He's getting good at his hand eye coordination. He is rolling over a LITTLE more frequently, but I always miss it. He often goes to his side and then tries to find something to help pull himself over, but often just falls back onto his back.

Ugh he's crying AGAIN! I'm going to pretend I don't hear...

He leaves his mark and marks his territory (AKA spitting up)everywhere. Restaurant, store and airport floors, on my shoes, couches, the church pew, etc. I may or may not have left a spot uncleaned at the Boston Airport. Shhhh don't tell.



He's been on soy milk, but it makes pooping really difficult, which can sometimes result in nighttime wakings and crying episodes. He's super itchy and is often sporting bloody marks all over his body. His grandparents said it looks like we keep a cat. So true.

These are older pics, the most recent ones aren't on my computer or not photographed. Those bloody marks are nothing compared to what he does now!

We see an allergist in 2 weeks! I don't want him to allergies, but I kinda do in the fact that it would be an answer!!!!

I love that boy more and more everyday. He's such a joy and he's so happy most of the time (during the day). I love his new way of talking, a very gurggly sound. He can go on and on and on and I love his very wide open mouthed smiles. They make me melt! I love his big eye crinkles when he smiles. His huge tears (which he's had since a newborn) make me want to anything and everything for him. It's amazing how fast his hair will get soaked when he cries for awhile.

I also love how he thumps his legs on the bed. He always sleeps in a sack and he just lifts both feet together and smacks them down hard on the bed. He does it when he's mad and when he's happy.
I LOVE my boy!

1 month

3 month

5 month

He's crying again...why do I stay up late?
Chris just went in there and he was face down and would lift his head up and cry until he couldn't hold his head up anymore. Poor dude. He arches his back so far he rolls over.

PS I just jumped out of bed to add a detail. I knew it would drive me crazy until I wrote it down! Landon is starting to get ticklish on his little chunker thighs and in his armpits and on his torso. SO CUTE! Now you can make fun of me for having to get out of bed to write that.

PPS The kid still loves electronics. Great.

4 comments:

scooping it up said...

I love it. He's so stinking cute. Sorry he is still making himself bleed...Hope the allergist has helpful things to say!

Erica said...

It was so great to see you this weekend! I loved spending time with Landon! He's so big!

Elder and Sister Mullen said...

Oh and we love that boy too!! More than that we love that you love him so much!! Being a mom is the most wonderful experience I have had in this life and on days like yesterday a little gut wrenching as we dropped Joseph off at the MTC. Enjoy every minute Jenna. They pass so quickly. We love you so much!!

Elder and Sister Mullen said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....the computer was still on Joseph's account...not Marmee's....sorry!!