Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Boom Boom Pow

No we didn't get to see Will.I.Am and Fergie on stage, but we did see some old dudes shoot each other.
New Englanders, or maybe it's just Bostonians, celebrate a unique little holiday called Patriot's Day. Except they don't just celebrate on one day, it's a whole weekend, or in case of the Minuteman reenactments, a month! For those of you who don't know squat about American history, Boston and the surrounding areas play a big part. There was a small event called the American Revolution that has it's roots here.
Chris and I didn't see any reenactments last year, so we made it to a small called the Tower Park Battle. The main one is at crack of dawn and you have to get there at 4 am to get good seat. No thanks. So we went to one at 4 pm. Either it wasn't completely accurate to history or their AIM isn't accurate. It took forever for anyone to "die"! Which is a good thing as they are representing real people!



The British a.k.a. the bad guys
Here come some reinforcements for the good guys.
They shoot.
We shoot.
Some men fall.
We surround them.
We win!

Doesn't this look suspiciously like fall?!?! Thankfully now that a couple of weeks have passed by, it FINALLY looks like Spring.

4 comments:

scooping it up said...

theses pictures look awesome! nice camera work. :) i hope we go in the next year or two. but not at 4am...

Jenna said...

Thanks S! That means a lot coming from you! I was too lazy to edit them, so they're what came from the camera:)

Elder and Sister Mullen said...

You did a great job. I am so glad you are getting out and doing the wonderful adventures available so very close to you. Kudos to you...and I love the pics too!!

LJ said...

We were there too. I didn't know you were. It was a 'fun' battle, even if people didn't die much. I guess muskets did have horrible accuracy...