Sunday, May 22, 2011

Easter!

Every Easter while I was growing up, we took family pictures in our new outfits. Only Landon got a new outfit this year, but we still tried to take family pictures. They aren't the best. Landon's face was looking bad that day, I didn't have time to do my hair and couldn't figure out what to wear, and we were running late for church.


There is so much I dislike about the way this picture turned out, but of course it's the only one we have of all 3 of us

We enjoyed a wonderful day at church with beautiful music and uplifting messages about hope and life.

Afterwards we had a few friends over for Easter dinner. Since my parents were out of town, we actually had a holiday dinner with friends. We finally had a good excuse to use our china. Yes!


I made a couple of decorations. My friend Melanie and I made the Spring blocks a couple of weeks before and I was so happy to have them. Not pictured, I used our mini trifle dishes filled with "grass" and the best candy ever for each adult place setting. I shouldn't have to tell you what candy that is, because everyone knows, but in case you're not cool and need to know, it's Cadbury's mini eggs. For the kids' place settings I made little bags with the cricut and cut out grass and a bunny to glue on it. Then put a little bit of candy inside.


I wish I had gotten pictures of the friends who came and the beautiful spread on the table, but alas I don't so you'll just have to imagine it. Melanie's homemade rolls were too good to imagine, especially with her homemade jam. mmmmm. Brad's garlic green beans were an awesome new way to eat a good ole' staple. I made a carrott cake with orange cream cheese frosting. The frosting was super delicious, but a little too runny. Oops.

We had a lesson about what Easter is all about. Of course it was short as the little ones' attention spans last a whole 30 seconds, but it was so nice to spend the special day with some special friends. Our friend Jim was so cute with the kids and was like the grandpa at the party. Happy first Easter Landon!

3 comments:

Katie B said...

A) Shush, you all look adorable. Especially Landon.

B) Lovely china!

C) Cute decorations. I'm coming to your house next Easter.

Sara said...

Too bad you look great in that picture! And I love your spring decorations. So cute!

scooping it up said...

love the blocks, what a great craft! darling boy.