I'm not leaving today, but I did go to New York, New York. And I did want to be a part of it. (I feel like I should break out into some Rockette high kicks now.) At the end of April we did go down to New York to meet up with Chris's family so we could see Joseph one last time before he left for the MTC (Missionary Training Center) where he would learn to be a missionary before leaving for the Czech Republic (where Prague is). How cool is that!
Ignore my double chin, but Landon was so happy to get there! He was a fabulous car traveler and we moved at a good pace until we hit the city. Ick. We stayed at 1600 Broadway, which is a FABULOUS apartment building at Times Square. Landon loved it!
We were on the 10th floor of this building:
Our first night there we ate at a rotating restaurant on Times Square, then dropped Landon off with my brother-in-law Spencer (who was a wonderful baby-sitter and even braved his first baby diaper change for us!) so we could go see this amazing show.
I'm on Chris's shoulders trying to look over all the tweeners fainting from the Harry Potter sighting. This is the best shot I could get of the shorty! It was so funny to hear him sing, especially in an American accent, but we loved the show and him and would recommend it to anyone. After all the Harry Potter excitement we relaxed with chocolate, but going to Max Brenner's. If you love chocolate, then you love Max. Go meet Max
While looking this up I saw that they just opened one in Boston! I think I'll pay a visit to my friend Max sometime, anyone else want to go?.
The next day, Landon and I hung out while the Mullen clan recovered from their red-eye flights the night before. Chris, Landon and I explored our building by going to the roof, the 4th level outdoors, and the cool golf simulator. Let's just say we hope we're better in real life than we are with fake golf.
Seeeee Erica and Spencer, I told you the ball was missing that day! I'd love to be here at midnight on New Year's Eve!
Landon loved the mirrored panels!
In the afternoon, which was gorgeous, we took family pictures in Central Park. Kimber was great! You can check out our pictures there. The flowers were in bloom and Kimber brought us some GIGANTIC cookies.
After pictures, Chris, Joseph, and I took a short pedi-cab ride around the park.
After our jaunt around the park, we tried to go grab some pizza from Patsy, but apparently here pizzeria was harder to find than we thought. We ended up at the wrong Patsy's. Oops. Then we went to go see Memphis, which is supposed to be an awesome show.
It was a great show, hence why it won best musical of the year last year, and we had amazing seats! Afterwards, we wandered around Times Square and eventually sauntered into the Stardust Diner, where the waiters are people who sing broadway music. We got there near close, so we didn't get the wow performances that I was hoping for, but it was still fun.




4 comments:
I'm so happy (jealous) that you got to see those shows! Maybe next time we go. We definitely need to try out Max!
Thank you Jenna for recording these times. It was an awesome trip...the perfect place for making memories. We love reading your blog...we LOVE you!!
oops...okay I signed in under Joseph I guess...sorry:(
You were right, the ball wasn't there. Weird!
Post a Comment