On Thursday we decided to head to the Shake Shack and Museum of Natural History. We decided to take a walk through Central Park to get there and halfway there, the skies opened up and DUMPED on us. Thank heavens Landon's stroller had a rain cover! The rest of us were soaked even with our couple of umbrellas and rain jackets. We took pictures before on our walk before the rain.Joseph gave Landon this outfit for Christmas! Total Joseph outfit!
Loved this quote!!!!
The Shake Shack was quite enjoyable, and by the time we got to the museum, Landon was DONE and let everyone know! So my wonderful in-laws took him back to the apartment while Joseph, Chris, and I got to wander around the museum. Part of it was closed for a wedding reception and the front entrance closed early so we got there just in time!
We dined on steak at Del Frisco's (just realized it's also in Boston) for dinner. It was SO loud in there with all the businessmen there, but Landon slept through it all! Woohoo! Chris and I just cut up each other's food so we can hold him with one arm and eat with the other.
The next day, Anne Marie, Michael, and Joseph were leaving in the late afternoon, so we had a little bit of tour time left. We walked along and window shopped (I especially loved a bead store!) on our way to the Empire State Building.
I think it's amazing to see how big Central Park is, especially considering that it is PRIME real estate.
Can you find the Statue of Liberty? She's in the center. The gap in the buildings to the left is where the World Trade Center buildings used to stand.
Landon's last time to see Uncle Joseph for TWO WHOLE YEARS! Look for the purple sock:
Landon had kicked off a sock somewhere in the city and when we were in line to go to to the top of the Empire State Building, a lady who was a ways behind us was trying to tell me that L was missing a sock. I told her I knew that and she gave me her daughter's socks! It was one of the kindest, sweetest, most generous act someone has ever done, especially because it was from a stranger! I need to pay it forward.
After the Mullens left we met up with my sister Erica and her husband Spencer for dinner. It was so fun to get together with them! Spencer had to go back to study after dinner, but Erica came to play with Landon and make him giggle.
Saturday, Erica was super cool to show us around and hang out with us until we left. We made a stop at Doughnut Plant. One word...DELISH! No wonder they're so famous. Chris had a creme brulee, Erica and I had a tres leches and vanilla with strawberry filling. Mmmm.
Yes, that's a square donut!
My camera died, so I couldn't get a picture but we also walked through the Skyline Park, which is a park up above the city that winds through the buildings. The city turned some old railroad tracks into a really cool walking park!
Man I think I could stay here again:)
3 comments:
I can not get over how much your brother in-law looks like Chris! How fun you got to enjoy one last adventure with them in NYC before his Mission. Also, the first photo is sooo cute, the matching hats and outfit is adorable!
Yumm...donught plant...
I love the photo of Joseph and Landon wearing matching outfits. So cute!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Joseph and Landon in their Joseph outfits!
Post a Comment