Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Art in Bloom

The first weekend in May, the Museum of Fine Art in Boston held an event called Art in Bloom. Professional and amateur flower arrangers are given a specific piece of art to inspire a flower arrangement. Sadly I had never been to the museum, but on Monday night during this event, admission is free! My friend Deidre and I packed our little boys into her car and decided we would enjoy the museum for as long as the little guys would let us!


We only saw one tiny part of the museum, the Art of the Americas wing, and we spent 2 or so hours there! We ran into lots of friends from church, enjoyed the womens'
a capella group, and admired the lovely artwork, while dealing with hungry, tired, fussy boys! We loved it!



Some of the flower arrangements were very obvious, some I understood with explanation from the guides, and others were so abstract that I just smiled and enjoyed the beauty of some flowers because my brain hurt trying to figure out how the flower arrangement with the artwork.

2 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Great pictures Jenna, it was fun running into you there!

Megan said...

What a neat exhibit. Thanks for sharing pictures!